I have joined Secret Pal 10,
Here are my answers to the questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I realy can’t stand Chenille and I am not keen on some acrylics, it depends on the type of yarn really.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle bag that I keep everything in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I would say i am intermediate, there’s always more to learn. I taught myself to knit when I was 7, I did a lot of knitting until I had my second child and then I just didn’t have the time until now, now my 3rd and 4th (who are twins) have grown a bit.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, here
5. What’s your favorite scent?
Anything cool, like watermelon or mint
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I’m not much of a sweet eater, I do like some chocolates.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I used to weave but I don’t have the space anymore, I’ve just taught myself how to crochet, but I’m still only a beginner. I also make cards, sketch and a bit of sewing too.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes my computer does play MP3s, I’m quite open minded when it comes to music, I listen to traditional and classic music to heavy metal. I’m not keen on Jazz, or D&B.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like all colours, I love deep colours, red, dark blue, a really dark green, I’m not keen on really bright colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with four children, I have a Jack Russel cross and 2 black moor fish.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and hats, but not mittens as I’m usually holding onto a child. I have a poncho, but don’t wear it that often.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Kids clothes as they knit up really quickly, bags and I’m just getting into sock knitting.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a sweater for my husband and a felted bag
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts, they’re the best.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer straight aluminum needles, but I’ll give anything a go.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do have a yarn winder, I’m dying to get a swift!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
With being part of Stashalong, I’m managing to finish my UFOs, so the oldest now is about a month (though I have been intending to knit it for a long time now!).
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, it’s my busiest time of year craftwise.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect really old knitting patterns
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I get Simply Knitting every month.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Oh loads, knitting socks in a round, double knitting, more crochet….loads!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I’m just beginning to delve into the sock world, I’m a size 6, not sure what size that is in the rest of the world.
23. When is your birthday?
August 5th. (I’ll be 33…eeeeek!)