*whispers* don’t tell anyone, I’ve discovered (well I knew for a while) I’ve been knitting Nora’s pattern wrong. I knew there was something not quite right, but I blamed it on the yarn being a bit bulkier. But when you see Nora’s sock, she has holes in the middle of her cables, I, on the other hand, do not. So I checked out her pattern,
Rnd 2 P2, *K1, YO, K1, P2; rep from * to last 2 sts, K1, YO, K1.
and I realised that I was doing a “yrn” rather than a “yo”. I think if I was writing it I’d have put a “yf” there instead, which then creates a hole.
(Don’t get me wrong, I’m not dissing your pattern, just reading it differently).
So my next plan is, to finish the socks (as the 1st is done), then do another pair, toe – up, with holes included.
Which just goes to show, I can’t stick to a pattern if I try!